Sunday, August 30, 2009

Deep V Argle progress

So, I'm back and thank God, much better. What a rough past few weeks! But in the midst of it, I realised that as bad as I thought I had it, there are people out there worse off than me that would have been happy to only have gone through what I had. Gave me a new perspective on things.

Thanks so much to Colette and Sandra who wished me a happy birthday : ) It was so nice to get such warm regards especially when I was feeling so horrid. My daughter and son are so much better too - just in time for school. Geez... school! In a few days the old routine starts again only now the kids are in higher classes. Time is really flying.

And... so are my needles! Behold, the Deep V Argyle progress. I had misplaced the bottom section of this size vest and a kind raveler so kindly assisted me by sending me a copy of it... you wouldn't believe how many people read my post for help and didn't even acknowledge me! I had proof of purchase but still it was a problem apparently - but whatever LOL! So, since getting the bottom chart I was well on my way again and even though I cannot quite say when I will be wearing this as there weren't any plans to my knowledge for a visit to Canada this year. We are planning a trip to Orlando - if it comes off is anyone's guess at this stage... airfare is EXPENSIVE!! - so maybe then if all works out.



It has come a long way from this hasn't it! I am so looking forward to it being done even for its own sake. I have been fairly monogamous with it and it's wearing on me a bit. This will be my first time steeking anything so I will make a point to take pics of the major event. Next I may finish off the raglan tee - I have made significant progress on that too and only need a few more inches before I'm complete! Then there's the Aeolian. I have been distracted by the Aestlight, Ulmus and Miralda's Shawl. Hubby asked me what I wanted for my birthday and along with a new knitting bag, I think I'll get me some yarn for these projects, a beginner's quilting book and a pedometer.

In non-knitting news, some of my favourite shows are coming to a season finale i.e. Eure.ka and Tr.ue Blo.od. Sigh. Where did the time go? At least Ma.d M.en has finally started. Oh Don... why are you so naughty? And I've got Hou.se to look forward to as well. I wonder when Private Practice restarts? I've also started a new course and actually look forward to getting started as, the sooner I get finished with this, the sooner I get started and finished on the others and then I'll be free, FREE I tell you! I can almost taste it now. Yum.

No comments: