Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy Birthday to... Me!

Somebody, please slow down time! How is it that I'm a year older when I quite easily remember when I thought THIRTY was old! I've eclipsed thirty by a few years now LOL but at least I'm dealing with it a whole lot better.

I would like to say that I did some mahvelous things today like going to the spa and finally using that mani/pedi/facial gift certificate from mother's day and I'd like to say that I topped it off by going back to Zen for an awesome birthday dinner and capped it off by spending a few nights at one of the best hotels on the island but... I can't. See, for the past couple of weeks I've been VERY under the weather. Throat issues, skin issues that had me visit the ER and now on my birthday a bad cold that suspiciously sounds like bronchitis. What's a girl to do? And add to it my daughter is also under the weather. So, not much celebrating today but as soon as we're recovered, I will be doing all of the good stuff listed above!

So, for now I'll settle for a bit of tv watching, some knitting, my little one feeling better and a speedy return of my sense of taste. I've got a chocolate mocha cake waiting in the refrigerator!

2 comments:

Colette said...

Happy Birthday, Lisa. I hope you and your daughter feel better soon.

Also, when you figure out how to slow down or even reverse time, PLEASE let me know!

Colette

Anonymous said...

A very happy belated birthday!!!