Friday, March 28, 2008

Books n' beans

yawn Goodnight all... shoot, is it 10: 30 already? Today just sped by and left me in the dust. After watching Monk, two episodes of Walker Texas Rangers, going to the gym, making lunch, going for hubby and doing some minor grocery shopping I am kinda wiped. But I'm not complaining. The kids are on vacation so I didn't have to take them to school or pick them up today so it was like a mini vacation for me too. Well, vacation is a bit of a stretch seeing as I have an assignment due in what... 4 days! hmmm - what exactly am I doing here in that case??

Before I go on, I want to thank you guys for your kind words following my last post regarding the beagle that never was. I'm feeling alot better now and I can think of the situation without grinding my teeth or welling up even just a little. Thank you! You are wonderful.

On the knitting scene, I have another FO! I've finished the Jacobean socks from the penthatlon. What do you think? I'm still not sold on them - I know I used a yarn that wasn't suitable for the pattern, but once I got started it was hard to rip back
and start fresh with something new. I'm ready for round 2!

Socks


And I've finally received my books! one of the the things about living in the Caribbean is that some companies don't ship to Barbados and those who do will have to charge alot higher shipping fees for obvious reasons. Knitpicks falls in to the former category so I had them ship these lovelies to my cousin in New York who is understandably busy and wasn't able to ship them until March after receiving them in late January was it? Anyways, I'm thankful to her for doing it - she's a darling!

Here's Sensual Knits (not that you haven't seen the cover before or anything!):


And here's Wrap Style. I honestly only bought this book for the lovely Shetland Triangle but am so happy to discover other gorgeous knits in here that will wind up on my to do list for example Moon Beads and Wrapped in Tradition.


I have some more awesome books such as Vintage Knits and Knitting Nature scheduled for an impending purchase - along with some 47 inch US size 2 needles for my next sock showdown.

Ok, it's bedtime for me. I have an early morning spin class. So far I'm enjoying it but last Saturday was a bit of a struggle. All this working out (at least 4 times a week) and not a pound lost. Seriously! This morning that evil scale tricked me by telling me I was 5 pounds lighter than when I last weighed when in fact it's stupid battery was loose. It's now in the "Garage Sale" pile.

Night all!

2 comments:

NikkiJ said...

Shetland Triangle is the only pattern that I knit from that book too. Thank God, however that I was able to check it out from the library. I did photo copy another pattern, but haven't gotten started on it yet.

Anonymous said...

The socks look really great from here. And yay for new books!

I only just got around to your Beagle story :-( I'm so sorry to hear that! You know, I LOVE Beagles, too and wanted to get one after my last dog passed, but after reading up on them & doing research, decided that the roaming tendencies they have probably wouldn't work for us--our yard is fenced on the sides but the back opens up to woods, so I doubt a breeder/adoption agency would let us have one, either. So don't feel bad. There are other dogs that don't roam as much.