Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Friday!

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before (I'm pretty sure I did) but I lov Fridays. I don't work on Fridays so I get to do things during the day that I obviously won't get to do while sitting at work. For example, go to the gym in the morning/ afternoon, go to the cafe and get a tall whatever-I'm-feeling-for and sit and leisurely enjoy it. Then I get to come home, flip on the tele and watch Monk and then mute it when Walker Texas Rangers come on, sit at my lappy and surf. Relax some more and then leisurely, without any pressure, get up and go for the kids. Of course my day can vary so much dependent on whatever project is going on with the house, or like next week is Agrofest here so I'll be going with Dana to the park on that outing... but all in all a very liberating feeling envelops me on Fridays. I feel like I don't have to work and I don't have a care in the world. Of course this feeling lasts as long as the sun is up and promptly fizzles as the sun slips below the horizon. Ah, that fleeting feeling of freedom! That's why I look forward to Fridays and I cherish them. Bliss.

SO this post won't be solely about me bragging about having Fridays off (if that's something to be seen as worth bragging about) - I do have some knitting content to share! I have made some progress on my Leaf Tee and I really couldn't show you how nicely it's working up, what with it bunched up on the needles and all - so I've done something I've never done before... I took the work off the needles onto a scrap piece of yarn and presto! A nice pic to share. Well... it wasn't really all for your benefit. See, I needed to accurately measure the upper arm area and couldn't do that with the work all smashed up on the needles. So I got my measurements (only 4 more inches or so to go I think) and got to show you how it's coming along. Multitasking y'all! So here she is:



I cannot wait for this to be done (hurry up Lisa!) as I can imagine myself in it with a cute pair of jeans (note to self - get a pair of cute jeans). As long as the camera cooperates, I'll be adding more pics of it.

Oh, and not to be outdone, here's a pic of the Adamas progress. Yes, I took her out of the basket. Her constant whimpering was getting on my nerves! I've just completed repeat 5 of 14 of Chart 2. I tell you the knitting on this is not hard but it is time consuming, as with every other lace project that has one zillion stitches in it! I'm loving it though and can picture myself in it at the movies or some such place. Here she is:



I also wanted to show you some yarn that I bought recenty and I think I mentioned in a previous post. Here are the Berroco Softwist in an uber deep blue. Got 7 of these in the stash. Nice to the touch but a real pill to wind into a ball. Then there is the Jaeger Trinity that I am thinking of making the Tangles Yoke Cardigan for my mother. If I get started now I bet I can finish by August. Heheh.

Berroco Softwist




Jaeger Trinity



Ok, I'm off for now - gotta go burn some fat! Laters!

No comments: