Monday, February 04, 2008

Now that, folks, is a load off my back!

Hi everyone! Goodness, it's FEBRUARY ya'll! Didn't the year just start? At this rate, the year will be over in a New York minute!

So what's been shaking on my end? Lessee... oh yes. I PASSED my exam! And with a 73 people! I was so sure that I barely passed that I was pleasantly surprised when I passed the mark with some to spare. Thank you GOD! So now, I'm off to Personal and Corporate Taxes. I underestimated the last course and will not do so again with this one. So come March I will be back in the thick of things once more and will once again count on my knitting to keep things sane. Ok, what else? Hmmmmm... oh yes, I whacked my little toe on my right foot into the door like it belonged to someone I hate. The toe turned a light shade of purple and promptly offered up a giant bloodshot that extended from just past the tip of my toenail (what's left of it) and continued right under the nail. The left side of my foot still reminds me of what happened by throbbing painfully ever so often just to keep things fun. Next on my list was the gym. I rejoined after much careful consideration along with the fact that the new scale I purchased advised me that I was 12 pounds heavier than I thought. How could this be??? Well, I'm giving this another serious go. I've bought the colon cleanse, the coconut oil and dusted off my ratty shoes that hurts my flat feet like a mother. I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of my new pair of Asics shoes that promise to bring sweet relief for the flat footed among us.

Knitting wise - I've purchased some Jaeger Trinity in a greyish colourway... about 10 skeins. In that purchase is Simple Knits for Little Cherubs and Simple Knits for Cherished Babies. I'm very excited to get these especially the books so that I can do a little baby/ older child knitting. Also purchased from another sale was 7 skeins of Berroco softwist in a deep blue and one skein of wildfoote sock yarn. And I'm still not satified! I'll be doing some ravelry/ blog trolling to see what yarn you guys are using and then get me some! I should get a pattern in mind first and then decide on the yarn no? One thing's for sure... I will be buying some Rowan Calmer! I've actually started a project with the much cherised rowan calmer. And what, dare you ask did I choose to use it for? Well this of course! I'm very excited about this project even though it is wrought with stockinette... the lace panel at least breaks up the monotony and it is knit in the round and top down, so I'm having fun. I would promise pics but you know the story of my piece o'crap camera.

Aside from this, my little girl has a cold and she's not having fun with it. She's blocked up and feverish at times but being very brave. She didn't go to school today and I'll have to play tomorrow by ear.

Well, I'm off to do some blog stalking - I'm sure I saw some yummy purchases out there that made me drool. Must.buy.more.yarn!

Later folks!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

CONGRATULATIONS love!! I can't believe you didn't tell me. I knew you could do it.