Friday, October 05, 2007

Thank God for days off... and for yarn to pet

It has been one of those weeks. We've sucessfully (and by successfully I mean with much toil and effort and hair ripping moments) moved from our apartment to our incomplete home. But we're here at least, amid the boxes and the chaos. We have come to the conclusion that the little apartment we lived in for the past five years had a black hole in there some where. There is no way we (and by we I mean me) could have accumulated all that stuff!!!!! There are things in there I haven't seen in years... things from my soap making days, candle making days and rubber stamping days. We will have a garage sale at some point in time but that would entail me going through those boxes. Since my days have changed and my only free day is Fridays, and this is my first Friday off... well let's just say it won't be happening today. On top of it all, I have weekly assignments to submit.

Thank God I have yummy yarn to pet. My knitting has been sorely neglected although I did get a chance to put in a row on the DSL tank during Grey's last night (oh and by the way, I hate George and Izzie). For comfort, I arranged my jaggerspun, BFL sock yarn and malabrigo lace around me and lovingly stroked their delicious softness. If I can't get to knit them now at least I can drool on them a little. I'm supposed to be getting a swift through a friend of mine through a co-op she's a member of. I may just have to use my hubby in the interim to help me unwind my malabrigo... the swallowtail shawl is calling me...

Did I mention that my other package had arrived from my wonderful pal? She (wait for it... she's amazing) sent me TWELVE skeins of Rowan Calmer. Yes people, TWELVE skeins!!! Since we don't have internet at home and I'm using someone else's lappy, it may be a few more days before I get to show them off to you! (And yes, they were in the yarn pile that was comforting me last night. Sigh... my pal is really awesome!

Well, I have to go for now... my reading for assignment 4 is calling me. NPVs and IRRs. I can't wait to get back to my other favorite abbreviations... yo, ssk, k2tog... until then people! Happy knitting!

No comments: