Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Knitting and ting

Don't scratch your head too hard about the ting part of this blog post. It's 7:22 p.m. and I'm tired and stuffy and kinda wondering if its the end of the year yet. Right now, instead of sitting in front of the tv with the freshly cast on Jaywalker sock in hand, with my kids curled up at my side and the hubby putting around nearby, I am holed up in my son's bedroom trying to ignore the hammering and the whirring and the banging. In case you're wondering, it's not an easy task! One of these days when I can look back on this whole "building a house" experience without red pooling in my eyes, I just might tell you guys the long long tale. Right now, what I will say is that I'm finally getting kitchen cupboards. No, not replacing the old ones that were there, I'm getting kitchen cupboards - where there were none before. The guys promise it should take a week or so to get them done - not including spray painting them either. Sooo.... there's sawdust everywhere and the chairs are piled on top of one another in front of the tv. I'm not sure how long they will be here till tonight but I'm hoping they leave soon - AFTER they clean up. This coupled with the runny nose and apparent dripping in the back of my throat is not making for a very relaxing night. You know what would make me feel better? My just started jaywalker sock. But I can't get to it. Boo.

I can't think of anything else to write. The workmen are having a chat in between the ruckus.

*whimper*

No comments: