Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ah, another photoless post

My poor neglected not really working camera just isn't feeling that great and can't take the pics of the progress on my Drop Stitch Lace Tank. It is coming along nicely. It is an easy knit (even though I frogged the beginning twice due to using the wrong then wrong then right needles to start (yes, I did swatch - don't ask me why I had trouble then... long story) and it is simple enough to not be frustrating and the lace keeps it interesting. The Cascade Pima Tencel is very lovely to work with if not a little sheddy. I was wearing a white pants the other day while knitting and by the time I finished some rows of it, the pants had a red fuzz covering it. The fabric is drapey but I can imagine the finished product might still be a tad warm to say, wear to town on a Saturday. It would probably be best worn on a cooler night to a restuarant for instance.

Oooh, and I promise to take pics of the lovely yarn I bought from Vanessa's destash sale. Six balls of Rowan 4 ply in Cheeky, four balls of Rowan Cotton Glace in Candy Floss and another in Bubbles (you know, I might have these names incorrect...) and 4 oz of Jaggerspun Zephyr in Elderberry. And you know what I'm gonna be knitting with that Jaggerspun! Yep, another shawl. Which one to dedicate my time and effort to... I haven't chosen as yet. I also got in the destash Debbie Bliss Simply Soft. Vanessa was also so very generous and sent me this bag! Needless to say, I am very pleased with my haul.

Now, on to Secret Pal 11 news... I got my pal today! YAYAYAY! I'm scoping out her site and plan on sending her a note to let her know she's not alone. I myself received a wonderful note from MY pal! I have to email her and thank her for the ecard she sent as well (I can tell already that I have a wonderful pal!) for my upcoming birthday (this Saturday coming). This is going to be so much fun!

No comments: