Friday, June 11, 2010

What a wonderful way to get back in the swing - er knit of things!

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

My - well if it hasn't been a month of Sunday's since I've been on here. That's because I've been studying two intense courses at once all in the name of becoming certified in my career. I do not know the results until later and am excited and nervous and do not want to think about them until I really have to.

I've missed being on here and am happy to get back to it : ) Knitting is the first order of business and call it a good sign or just call it luck but I just got home, opened up my email to read that I've won a skein of yarn over at Earthtonesgirl !!!! I can't remember the last time I won anything - actually that's because I've never won anything that I can remember. I am just already imagining what I'll knit with my surprise.

So what have you all been up to? Knitting like crazy I hope! LOL! Over here in addition to knitting I've been baking up a storm using the The Bread Bible: 300 Favorite Recipes my favourite so far being the old fashioned raisin bread. I've made hamburger buns too and they came out great as well. The only one that didn't come out so great was the vienna bread but that was totally my fault. I didn't (and still don't) know how to shape the bread into an oval and stuffed it (with a tad more effort than was required) into a loaf pan. Came out shapeless and a little small because of the mistreatment but the texture and taste was excellent. Will try again soon. Danishes may be on the agenda next because the folks in this house loves them some home baked bread!

Sewing - ah yes, that has also been going on amid the studying and baking. I'm still learing to sew and the class that I am taking is a free hand class so it has its pros and cons but I think I'll be able to sew a shirt on my own if my notes are good enough. Actually, this weekend I'm planning to try to make one for my son. We'll see how well that turns out. I'm hopeful!

Not really last and not least is Plants versus Zombies. I just bought it on my iTouch and the kids and I are hooked. Hubby is even thinking of giving it a try LOL! It is really addictive. Those zombies are kinda cute - but creepy... especially when you first start the level and they warn "we're coming..." ...shudder.

Okay, that's it for now. This weekend I plan to reintroduce myself to the movies with S.AT.C 2, Karate Kid, Ir.on Ma.n and Rob.in Hoo.d. How lovely life looks now that I am not covered in books! Crossing all crossables that everything goes in my favour.

Later my friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to "see" you're back!