Thursday, October 22, 2009

So happy I can do the dance of joy!

Ok, so of late it doesn't take much to make me happy, especially when it comes to yarn and knitting. I've been having such a bad experience lately with the skybox services I've been using to get my purchased online items here in Barbados that I just gave up (after the hassle of vat, duties, handling, shipping and every other imaginable cost made me spend way in excess for my items and eventually frustrated me with the wait for the delivery)and found an online store that ships directly to Barbados. It cost me $16.05 USD to ship it but the money and frustration that was saved OY!! I've said all this to say that I've got my yarn! Oh happy day! Sitting on my table awaiting further instructions are 2 skeins of malabrigo sock yarn (for the Ishbel and something other lucky shawl), 2 skeins of malabrigo lace destined to become the Miralda shawl and finally the 2 Debbie Bliss Rialto skeins needed to finish my deep v argyle. Now I have high hopes for the miralda shawl using the malabrigo lace as over 200 peeps over at ravelry used it to sucesfully knit her.

So here we go:

First up, my ZUMA! Lol! I did promise you a pic of it didn't I?

Sad Zuma (my imagination is working over time it seems - she looks sad/angry here LOL!!)




Just flip her handles and now she's happy ZUMA!



Sock yarn, lace yarn and dk yarn



All caked up

Malabrigo sock - in black



Malabrigo lace - in Rich Chocolate colourway (only wound one skein as it was fairly sticky and gave some trouble on my makeshift swift...)



Debbie Bliss Rialto in black



I would apologize for the quality of the pics but you've heard that story before : )

So I've got my materials, some time in between and the desire to knit. If I reckon it correctly, there should be some new FOs on here before the year is out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Getting goodies is sure to bring a big smile, good for you.