Thursday, March 15, 2007

I confess.. I haven't a clue...

So like I said, I'm knitting the Laura Tee from Big Girl Knits. It was going fine until I realised there are some errors in the pattern. Seems there was an errata link on the biggirlknits site that somehow disappeared. Anyways, I trudged on through and figured it out and now I come to the realisation, once again, that I haven't a clue on how this top is structured! I've turned it this way and that and can't for the life of me figure out which part is the neck, the bust... the sleeve stitches are currently being held hostage on a holder until the time comes for me to start on it and join it to the rest of the body. I just can't see how it will fit!! AUGH! I can't find anyone else online who has completed this tee or has any progress shots or anything. I'm sorely, VERY sorely tempted to start ripping it out. I'm the kind of person that likes to be able to see my projects taking shape... I feel good when I know the neckline is here and the sleeves are here etc. Maybe it's the missing errata and the lack of a proper schematic in the book that has me itching to set this thing on fire. GAH!!!!!

I might carry on with it. For now I will set it aside and go visit some blogs to see what other knitty folk are up to. I'll also be looking for a fairly easy fair isle pattern to try. I'm also thinking of redoing this blog. If only I had the time set out in my mind to force myself to sit and plan it out. One of these days...


Here's my progress. Bah.


No comments: