Friday, June 05, 2009

Aeolian - officially started

No pics yet as it really doesn't look like anything much right now but I'm still happy to report that I have finally started the Aeolian Shawl. The beads that I chose are working perfectly with the colour yarn and even though it's a bit fiddly right now trying to get the bead on the stitch with a crochet hook while holding on to two needles and arranging the slippery yarn so it doesn't come off the needles - I am getting the hang of it!

I'll try to get a pic once the batteries for the camera have charged and before I hand it back over to its rightful owner.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Corinne said...

Love your blog!
Would you know of any hand knitting shops or supply sections in shops to visit while in Barbados either by bus or car?
corinne

Lisa said...

Hi Corinne,

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you stop by to read my response because I'm not able to get to yours! I'm not even sure when you posted so I hope I'm not too late! There are two stores - Woolworths and Laurie Dash - that have some yarn but not real nice ones - lots of acrylic and some crochet thread. The stores are located in Bridgetown. If you are still interested I can give you some directions. So sorry I responded so late! I really should post on this poor blog more often LOL!