Friday, June 27, 2008

Wonderin'

Heeeelllloooooo... what's shaking people? How are things on your side of ye ole world? Way over here on my end things are ok. Been doing a little (and by little I mean half of a row here and a bit more there) knitting lately. I've been busy doing a bit of this and that. I'm thinking of starting the Pi Shawl by Elizabeth Zimmerman... if I do make a solid decision on it I may use that Jaeger Trinity that's been sitting in my stash lonely and unused ever since I bought it. I'm not sure why I want to knit this giant thing outside of the fact that it looks interesting. But will I use it? It may be too heavy to wear in this weather so maybe I can use it as something to keep me warm at night while laying on the sofa watching tv or something. Then in that case why not just knit a blanket and be done with it? As you can tell I'm still undecided.

One thing for sure that I will be making in the near future is the Deep V Argyle Vest by Eunny Jang. This is my foray into Fair Isle (remember it was in my list of to knits? You don't remember? That's ok). We're having a Fair Isle Kal on the Knitters of the Caribbean Group over on ravelry. If you're a member of ravelry, feel free to stop on by and say hi and better yet, join in on the KAL. The more the merrier!

So apart from not really knitting, I've been doing alot of thinking. Here are some of the things that's been on my mind:

1. How is it that a job that's supposed to take 12 days has somehow morphed into 5 weeks? Does anyone know where the good workers are hiding??

2. Who in the world gives driving licences to people who's main purpose in life to drive as recklessly and selfishly as possible? I'm talkin' to you Mr. who swung out of the intersection yesterday clearly ignoring the stop sign thereby nearly crashing in to our car that was occupied by my ENTIRE family (hubby, myself and the kids) and then laughed as you pulled away?

3. Why do people think that everyone who says they are a Christian really is a Christian because they say so? I can say that I am a cat but that doesn't make me one.

4. Why do people who are not Christian keep walking around saying they are Christian when they clearly are not? (I'm just a lot peeved at the Christian bashing I'm seeing over on ravelry)

5. How is it that my son has grown up so fast! He's now a yellow belt in Taekwondo. And how is it that my baby girl is no longer a baby?? She turns FOUR next month.

6. Why is it so hard to never weary of doing good? How do you brush yourself off and get going again knowing that history might repeat itself?

Anyways, I hope you are having more knitting sucess than I have. I was hoping to have more FO's by this time - 6 months into the year. Maybe I'll get some more inspiration and get cracking on new and exciting things!

Laters!

No comments: